§ 1 Name, seat and business year of the association
1. The association bears the name „MMC“ after it has been entered in the register of associations with the addition „registered association (e.V.)“.
2. The seat of the association is Kirschensteige 17, 88069 Tettnang
3. The business year is the calendar year.
§ 2 Purpose of the association
1. The association pursues exclusively and directly charitable purposes within the meaning of the section „tax-privileged purposes“ of the German tax code explicitly in accordance with § 52 Paragraph 2 Clause 7 AO promotion of education, popular and vocational training including student aid and § 52 Paragraph 2 Clause 8 AO Promotion of environmental protection.
2. The purpose of the association is achieved through the following measures:
– Environmental protection measures, especially in the marine and coastal areas
– Direct and indirect measures to preserve the flora and fauna by promoting new technologies, e.g. in shipbuilding
– Knowledge transfer, development and support of academies and other educational institutions for all sections of the population for sustainable and CO2-neutral action.
– CO 2 binding measures, including through planting
– Planning and implementation of sustainable and CO2-neutral behavior explicitly on seas and on coasts
§ 3 Memberships
The association has full members (with voting rights) and supporting members (without voting rights). Members of the association can be both natural and legal persons.
§ 4 Acquisition of Membership
1. The application for membership in the association must be submitted to the board in writing.
2. The board of directors decides on applications for membership from full members. Membership begins when the latter has approved the admission. A simple majority of votes is sufficient for inclusion. In the event of a tie, the vote of the 1st chairperson decides. The rejection does not require any justification from the applicant.
3. Supporting members are accepted informally with the application.
§ 5 End of membership
Membership for full and supporting members is terminated:
1. by resignation, which must be declared in writing to the management board by the last day of the third quarter of the financial year. The resignation will take effect at the end of the financial year.
2. by death or, in the case of legal persons, by the expiry of the member’s legal personality.
3. By exclusion: A member can be excluded if behavior that is harmful to the association or disregard of the statutes or non-payment of membership fees has been in place for more than four months despite the due date.
The board of directors decides on the exclusion with a simple majority of votes. In the event of a tie, the vote of the 1st chairperson decides.
The member concerned has the right to be heard before a resolution is passed. The member concerned can file an objection against the exclusion, on which the general meeting has to decide. The objection is to be sent in writing to the board with the reasons. The membership rights of the person to be excluded are suspended until the decision is made by the general assembly.
4. The end of membership does not release one from the fulfillment of existing obligations towards the association.
§ 6 membership fees and levies
In order to fulfill its tasks, the association collects membership fees, the amount of which is determined in a fee schedule to be decided by the general assembly.
§ 7 organs of the association
The organs of the association are:
– General meeting
– The board
§ 8 General Assembly
1. The general meeting is called if the interests of the association so require.
2. Invitations will be published 4 weeks in advance on the website, stating the agenda.
3. If necessary, the board can call an extraordinary general meeting at any time. He has to do this if it is requested in writing by at least half of the voting members stating the subject of the negotiation. Extraordinary general assemblies must be made electronically in writing by the board at least 14 days in advance, with the agenda being announced.
4. Each general meeting has a quorum regardless of the number of participating members.
5. The general meeting is held by means of an internet conference. Each member receives protected identification data and a personal password.
6. Resolutions are passed with a simple majority, with the exception of resolutions to amend the statutes, to change the membership fee or to dissolve the association, these require a three-quarters majority of all votes present.
7. A transfer of votes to other members is not possible.
8. Every general meeting is recorded by the management. All resolutions are to be recorded in the minutes. The minutes will then be published on the website.
§ 9 Board of Directors and Management
1. The board consists of the chairman, a deputy and an assessor.
2. The board of directors can be expanded by further assessors at the option of the general assembly.
3. The resolutions of the board are passed with a simple majority.
4. Each board member has one vote.
5. The judicial and extrajudicial representation of the association is carried out by the board, two members of the board represent jointly.
6. The work of the board is an honorary position. Cash expenses can be reimbursed. All members of the Board of Directors receive a tax-free honorary work lump sum for one year in office in accordance with Section 3 No.
7. The board of directors is elected by the general assembly for a period of seven years.
8. The board remains in office until a new board is elected and installed.
§ 10 Audit
The general assembly appoints two auditors for the audit. The auditors are elected by the general assembly for a term of seven years. The invoice is checked annually in the 1st quarter of the year for the previous calendar year.
§ 11 Fee regulations and bookkeeping
1. The fee schedule provides for annual fees to be collected.
2. The association’s bookkeeping is carried out using at least one simple income / expenditure account, but it can also be carried out using a profit and loss account with a balance sheet.
§ 12 Public Benefit
1. Funds of the association may only be used for statutory purposes.
2. The members may not receive any profit shares and, in their capacity as members, no other benefits from the association’s funds.
3. The association may not favor any person through expenses that are alien to the purpose of the corporation or through disproportionately high remuneration.
4. If the association is dissolved or annulled or if its previous purpose no longer applies, the association’s assets are to be used directly and exclusively for charitable purposes.
§ 13 Dissolution of the Association
If the association is dissolved or if tax-privileged purposes cease to exist, its assets will go to One Earth One Ocean e.V., Garching, for the exclusive and immediate use for environmental protection purposes.
§ 14 entry into force
These statutes come into force with the signature of the founding members.
§ 15 place of jurisdiction
The place of jurisdiction is the seat of the association.